Let’s be candid here, how many of us are living up to Martha’s standards?
No offense to Martha, but…
- I don’t entertain that much.
- I can’t afford anything with her name on it.
- My garden definitely has weeds.
- We’re in debt and working hard to dig our way out.
- Those homes in her magazines look nothing like ours.
- I really don’t think I need all the stuff she suggests are “good things.”
Martha does have this idea right though…
Everyone could use a little more simplicity in their lives.
In our family, we just go about it all quite differently than Martha, and that, for us, is a very good thing!
That’s what this blog is all about… our life and how we navigate through it with aspirations of simplicity (but not by Martha’s standards!)
We’re Kevin and Jess, a husband and wife team of artists trying to pull our dreams off the back burner. Our studio is thus, appropriately dubbed, The Backburner Studio. Our artistic styles are eclectic. Some may even say they’re all over the place. We maintain it’s just reserving the right to be artistically indecisive!
Hope you’ll stay tuned!
The Backburner Studio